The hotel Donadéï de Campredon is a majestic 18th century residence partly protected as a historic monument since 1979. It was built in 1746, along the current Frédéric Mistral quay, for Charles-Joseph de Campredon, from 'an old family of landowners whose origins date back to the 14th century.
The plans were commissioned from Esprit-Joseph Brun, also called Brun Cadet, who in 1736 became the son-in-law of the Avignon architect Jean-Baptiste Franque.
A rchitect the talented Islois, to whom we owe many achievements, in particular in l'lsle-sur-la-Sorgue, Aix-en-Provence and Marseille, including the famous Château Borély.
P resenting a facade on rue du Docteur Tallet and another on the garden, the Hotel Donadéï de Campredon displays beautiful architecture on three levels.
The elegant fountain at the bottom of the garden was built by Jean-Ange Brun, elder brother of Esprit-Joseph Brun, with whom he sometimes worked, in particular for the Isle-sur-la-Sorgue hospital.
The mansion was sold on January 18, 1865 by the Marquis de Lespine, heir to the Campredons, to the nuns of Saint-Charles. It was then acquired by the City in 1978, then restored with the help of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region.
Since 1982, the Hotel Donadéï de Campredon has hosted numerous exhibitions of modern and contemporary art. The art center inaugurated in 2010 offers three exhibition levels over an area of 500m² as well as a magnificent courtyard that can accommodate various events: Conferences, readings, concerts, dances, seminars.